This action decreases the on-hand quantity of product in the inventory.
Steps to record inventory transaction through Return to Supplier
1. Go to Stockroom. Then, under the Adjustments tab click the NEW TRANSACTION button.
2. Choose the Return to Supplier transaction and click the Create button.
3. The next page will let you record the transaction. To choose an item, scan the barcode or enter the stock number on the search field above to add the product to the list.
4. Or you can find the item from the product list panel on the right side of the screen.
5. Once you add the product to the transaction, you can change the following:
Cost – The cost shown here is the reference cost (the cost you entered when you created the item). You can edit this to reflect the supplier price.
Quantity – You should enter how many of the item you will return to the supplier.
Discount – If the supplier gave you a discount, you may input it here.
6. You may select the Supplier Name and fill up other information before finalizing the transaction. This is optional.
7. Once you finalize all the details, click the DONE button to save the transaction.
8. The transaction will be saved and will be added to the list of Adjustments. Click it to open.